Cup Match Report:
Weston Peg-Legs v Cribbs Vets


Cup Round 1


Weston Peg-Legs


Cribbs Vets


------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------

Match Reports

Weston Peg-Legs Report;

"This was a hard fought game on both sides with Cribbs being the side who managed to get the ball into the net. Weston had many a try putting the ball into the net but just could not get the right end result. Well done to Cribbs and good luck in the Cup lads."

Cribbs Vets Report:

" Our trip to the seaside started out well when, in our first attack, Steve Coates wriggled his way down the right, and cut in from the goal-line to play the ball to Max Clark, who miscued his shot, but the ball fell to Matt Curtis who made no mistake with his shot to make it 1-0 after 3 minutes. Weston then began to dominate possession, which continued for most of the match, driven on by their no 9 who seemed to be everywhere, but they couldn't really create any clear-cut chances against our well-organised defence, and then from our next real attack we increased our lead from a well-taken shot by Turns from the edge of the box. Weston continued to dominate possession, and started to create some chances of their own, but Mike Fernott, making his debut in goal, made some excellent saves, despite suffering a pulled muscle early on in the game. As well as Mike suffering an injury, Joel Clark had to go off with a badly cut shin, and Mark Fry and Matt Curtis were also starting to hobble with injuries! Despite this, Steve Coates eventually got on the score sheet just before half-time when their defender passed to him rather than his keeper, and Steve rounded the keeper to score with ease to make it 3-0 at half-time. Just after the break, Matt Curtis had to go off with a pulled hamstring, and Joel had to come back on, despite his injury, and Mark's and Mike's limps seemed to be getting worse, but they soldiered on! Despite all these setbacks, we were still keeping a good shape and defending well, especially Woody, who was a rock at the back. Whilst Weston created the occasional chance, which Mike in goal dealt with well, we always looked more dangerous on the break, and virtually every time Coatesy broke away he scored (greatly improving his conversion rate, which some people have questioned!!), apart from when the keeper wrestled him to the ground, and he scored from the resulting penalty. Steve's final tally was 5, and the final score a rather flattering 7-0. "