Match Report
Frampton Athletic Vets v Lyde Green Veterans


League Division 5


Frampton Athletic Vets


Lyde Green Veterans


------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------

Match Reports

Frampton Athletic Vets Report;

"The game was played at Beesmoor Road and with the pitch not in the best condition after a heavy winter period, neither team was able to play the football that they would’ve liked on it! But it was a very even game for the most part. However, Frampton broke the deadlock 30 minutes into the game. On the back of a strong Lyde Green attack, Frampton launched a counter attack and it was a goalkeeping howler that gave Frampton the lead, as he let a Mady Vaughan cross-come-shot through his fingers and Sheps fired into the back of the net from a yard out. Early in the second half, Mike Beake made it 2-0 to Frampton with a 20 yard rocket into the top corner of the goal! Great strike! With Lyde Green now struggling to see a way back into the game, they brought on 3 young and fresh players who started to create a few more chances for the away side. Unfortunately, one of those chances was a dubious penalty decision, which was given by the referee. But home goalkeeper, Nick Talbot, saved the resulting penalty to keep the score at 2-0. Mike Beake was then given the chance to put the game to bed from 12 yards after Frampton were the team to be awarded a penalty. The away keeper saved the penalty, but the ball fell to the feet of Mady Vaughan from 6 yards into a seemingly open net, but he blazed the ball sky high, taking the same trajectory as the SpaceX rocket! The away team kept pressing and finally got their goal to make it 2-1 with just 10 minutes left on the clock. Normally that would set up a nervy end to the game for Frampton, but they kept their composure and finally put the game out of sight with Beake making up for his penalty miss! "

Lyde Green Veterans Report:

" Our shinny new kit made us look the part but that was about as far as it went It's fair to say we never really got going, camped in our own half for large portions of the first 45 minutes with nothing more than a penalty shout turned down and one decent shot from distance that the keeper saved well. Frampton for all their possession didn't fire in too many concerning shots but they did throw over a number of corners and crosses and it was one of these crosses that eventually led to the opening goal. A low hit ball from the right saw Mike spill what would normally be a simple catch onto the goal line and it was bundled home for 1-0 The 2nd half didn't start too well with Frampton again on top, and it was them who managed to grab a 2nd with an unstoppable shot into the top corner after Lee got things a little wrong on the edge of the box This did spur Lyde into action somewhat and we were the better team for the next 15 minutes or so, gaining and then missing a penalty before finally getting one back through Yan's effort from close range. Frampton were then awarded a penalty of their own which Mike saved to keep us in the game. However, pushing for an equaliser Frampton scored a 3rd All in all, a disappointing day Other things worth a mention - - Dan was slightly earlier - Tokes can't take throw-ins - Mike can't be trusted with club equipment - Nathan is proper Gangsta - Colin definitely got the ball To finish on a positive, Carts and Tokes can now stop going on about not being on the pitch when we've conceded a goal Onto the next"