Match Report
Nailsea Vets 45's v Barely Athletic


League Division 6


Nailsea Vets 45's


Barely Athletic


------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------

Match Reports

Nailsea Vets 45's Report;

"This was a good advert for Vets Corinthian football with 100% effort from both teams, some good football and no unpleasant incidents to report. Nailsea were lively from the start and the centre midfield pairing of Peter and Trevor controlled much of our play and calved out openings for the front men. Lee Cogan went close on a couple of occasions but for all the possession it started to feel as though a goal wasn’t going to come. Barely will feel unlucky to have had two of their team forced off through injury including their main threat up front. Finally, after 30 minutes the deadlock was broken as Peter picked up the ball just inside Barely’s half and played a superb ball through to Mark Wright on the edge of the box. As the Barely keeper came out Mark passed to his left to find Lee C who scored into an empty net with the keeper stranded. The Nailsea defense managed to restrict Barelys chances in the first half to a few speculative shots but just as we looked to be going in 1-0 up at half time Nailsea lost the ball in midfield and Barely took advantage of some confusion in the Nailsea back four to slot home from just outside the six yard box. 1-1 half time. Barely came out with more intent in the second half and forced Lee Mc into more action. Nevertheless, Nailsea showed good intent to keep working the ball forward and continued to press Barelys back line. After 60 minutes the lead was restored as Peter headed in at the far post from a well taken free kick by Lee P on the left. Whilst there was only one goal in it Barely remained hopeful to pull the game back but with 20 minutes remaining Lee Cogan netted his second running onto a through ball, rounding the keeper and side footing home to give Nailsea a 3-1 victory. "

Barely Athletic Report:

" A typical Nailsea v Barely encounter unfortunately started without our regular keeper Allan. Jim Banton did the honours. The first 20 mins ebbed and flowed Barely started well but lost two of the attacking players Jim semmence and Kevin Davies through injury so had to adjust their formation which allowed Nailsea success on both flanks in the first half. A good team goal made it 1.0 Nailsea before Barely pounced on a Nailsea mistake which Dazza slotted past the keeper. The second half started and whilst Barely played some decent football up to the Nailsea 18 yard box they lacked the finishing of Kevin and Jim. As we tired Nailsea turned the pressure on to secure a 3.1 win. Thanks to Nailsea for their post match grub. "