Match Report
Red Star 45's v Rapid Dementia


League Division 8


Red Star 45's


Rapid Dementia


------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------

Match Reports

Red Star 45's Report;

"A lot of good football on show here. Red Star nearly struck first, only to find frustration in the post. 1-0 at half time to Dementia reflected a closely contested first 45. Injuries and substitutions then played their part as possession and chances swung in the favour of Red Star. Looking increasingly dangerous searching for an equaliser, it was largely against the run of play that Rapid snatched a second. The home crowd though stayed with their team, witnessing some of Red Star's best football of the season. Reward came eventually when Ric banged in the rebound after Si's long shot hit the stubborn upright. The last 10 minutes saw the game open right up as Red Star looked to get level, Rapid losing a Corinthian point for some far too professional holding the ball in the corner... Alas, another breakaway goal sealed the result in Rapid's favour, but Red Star will play far worse then this and win, so spirits remain buoyant. A good game played in the right spirit if perhaps in the wrong colour shirts, we will bring red ones next time."

Rapid Dementia Report:

" With Typhoon Dennis wreaking havoc across the country Rapid made the journey to Churchill Sports Centre. The storm had flattened the 3G pitch down to 1G but worse still were the changing rooms being located the opposite end of the building to the showers. Manager Gregory once again shuffled the pack, the two Jokers Spacey and Scott joining the 'fit' again Clive Slocombe on the bench. Fortunately the wind and rain had eased somewhat and Rapid started well, the ball zipping around on the greasy surface. Good possession however led to few chances and with the early loss of Sam Morton it was up to Historian and Film Critic Rusty Griffiths to open the scoring with a well worked goal. Rapid edged the first half and created the better of the chances but half time saw manager Gregory also leave the field with a migraine headache, brought on by Dave Stokes moaning. The second half saw a change in shape from Red Star and much more pressure from them. A breakaway goal from Darren James helped to settle the nerves only for Red Star to finally break Darren Birds stubborn resistance in goal. Manager Gregory acted bringing himself back on, and with a well timed dummy, Rapid broke once again, Dazza netting his second of the match. This was definitely one of the toughest games of the season and much credit goes to the Rapid back four/five for their resolute defending in difficult conditions! Thanks for the match Red Star, we look forward to the return fixture!"