Match Report
Unathletico Vets v Chew Magna Vets


League Division 2


Unathletico Vets


Chew Magna Vets


------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------

Match Reports

Unathletico Vets Report;

"Great game played in great spirit. Set pieces and generosity our downfall. good luck to Chew."

Chew Magna Vets Report:

" Chew Magna's last game of the season was played in glorious sunshine on a bowling green of a pitch, well it was on 4G.Chew also welcomed T. Baker back in goal which always adds to the entertainment of the game. Despite Dolman, Jones and Parsons complaining of injuries that would need advanced medical treatment to cure Chew somehow managed to start the game playing some great football. With 15 mins gone Chew were awarded a free kick 25 yards out to the left. Mountford curled in a brilliant free kick which Unathleticos keeper pushed onto the cross bar and with N. Dykes reacting the quickest to the rebound to stab the ball into the goal to give Chew a 0-1 lead. Unathletico then had a couple a half chances which they failed to convert into goals. Chew were then awarded another free kick out on the left. This time M. Nye stepped up to take the kick and delivered a curling kick into the box which deceived the keeper and dropped just inside the far post to put Chew 0-2 up. Unfortunately M.Nye then thought he could repeat this every time he had the ball out wide on the left so the first half remained 0-2 with Unathleticos keeper having to retrieve the ball on several occasions from behind the goal following M.Nyes cross come shots from out wide. The second half started with Unathletico pushing forward and playing the better football, looking for a goal but with Chews defence of Kembury. Jones, Parsons, Elly standing firm Unathletico were unable to reduce the arrears. With Chews Forwards of Mountford, Bishop and Cornelius always a threat it was no surprise when following an attacking move down the right from A.Dolman and resulting in S.Kembury delivering an inch perfect cross to Mountford who smashed the ball into the goal (well he hit the ball with his left foot onto his right shin and into the goal and the ball still bounced 3 times before reaching the goal) This put Chew 0-3 up. Chew then went off the boil and allowed Unathletico to take control and they got their deserved goal following a great strike from 20 yards out 1-3. Unathletico pushed forward and Chew only kept their lead due to some great last tackles from M,Smith and R.Haskins. Chew though always looked dangerous when they counter attacked with F.George the main driving force and also could have could have added to their score. With D.Evans coming on towards the end to shore up the defence Chew ran out 1-3 winners to end the season on a high. Thanks to Unathletico for a great game."